What skills are officially in demand in Canada?

If you are applying to enter Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker and do not have a valid offer of arranged employment, you will need to have a year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in at least one of the following eligible occupations within the last ten years:

0211   Engineering managers (Cap reached)
1112   Financial and investment analysts (Cap reached)
2113   Geoscientists and oceanographers
2131   Civil engineers (Cap reached)
2132   Mechanical engineers (Cap reached)
2134   Chemical engineers
2143   Mining engineers
2145   Petroleum engineers
2144   Geological engineers
2146   Aerospace engineers
2147   Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers) (Cap reached)
2154   Land surveyors
2174   Computer programmers and interactive media developers (Cap reached)
2243   Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
2263   Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety (Cap reached)
3141   Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
3142   Physiotherapists (Cap reached)
3143   Occupational Therapists
3211   Medical laboratory technologists (Cap reached)
3212   Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
3214   Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
3215   Medical Radiation Technologists
3216   Medical Sonographers
3217   Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists

A maximum of 5,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications will be considered for processing between May 4, 2013, and April 30, 2014. Within this cap, a maximum of 300 federal skilled worker applications per eligible occupation will be considered for processing each year.

The occupations above are all Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification list.

Instructions on skilled worker applications eligible for processing can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Source: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

What next?



Working In Websites